New parents know the importance of finding the best products for their baby. You want to find items that are safe, well made, and well priced. With so many baby products available, it is sometimes difficult to distinguish what makes a better purchase. Technology makes it much easier to compare prices online and find the best bang for your buck.
Larger items, such as cribs, strollers and car seats should not always be scrimped on, especially when it comes to safety standards. These standards can be constantly changing and updated, but you can check for the latest information on the Consumer Products Safety Commission’s website. However, when it comes to items like diapers, wipes, baby clothing, formula, and more, shopping around is a good idea.
The Six Best Online Baby Products
A quick search around the web will lead you to better pricing for baby necessities. It is important to know what is right for your baby in terms of hygiene, as not all babies tolerate the same things. Certain cleansers or materials can cause reactions to their delicate skin. Many times, it is a matter of trial and error, or taking another’s recommendation whether to try a baby product. One website that provides up to date information about baby products is My Simon. This site compares prices and brands so that you can make the best choice for your baby.
- Diapers are one of the biggest expenses for a baby, considering that he or she will wear them for nearly three years or more. Sometimes brand is not as important as fit, with trial and error playing a huge factor. Some diapers fit more snug, some leak, cloth versus disposable, etc. All of these choices are confusing, and they come in a wide range of prices. Being able to compare online is essential, and you can quickly see where sites like Amazon may be less expensive than ToyzRUs on certain lines or quantities.
- Wipes are another baby product that is great to buy online. Wipes are essential to your baby’s hygiene, and you will use them frequently. These are worth buying in bulk when you find a brand that suits your child. Wipes tend to be used in numerous areas of the house, and are a diaper bag necessity. This is one area where you can save quite a bit by comparing brands and prices.
- Hygiene products such as baby shampoo, body soap, baby lotion, diaper rash ointment, and more will add up quickly. There are numerous sites online that feature these items and offer competing prices. Buying in larger sizes or in bulk will help cut down on costs. Stick to brands that are hypoallergenic and fragrance free to prevent reactions if using for the first time.
- Baby food and formula tend to be expensive, and it is worthwhile to compare the costs online. In most cases, prices will be less on sites that do not feature brick and mortar store fronts, so that they can keep overhead down. Not all formulas and baby food taste the same, so this maybe another area where you are trying various products out. Buying in larger quantities is definitely worth shopping online, and many sites may offer free shipping for certain dollar amounts.
- Baby shoes. Sometimes it seems like you just bought a pair, your baby wore it once and then immediately outgrew it. This is an area where it is not worth it to purchase expensive shoes. While the soles still need to be sturdy to support the feet of those learning to walk, you can still find great deals searching the internet.
- Clothing ranks right up there with shoes for online price comparisons. The big brands like Carter’s or Osh Kosh can be found at a number of sites, with very competitive pricing. Clothing needs to be considered for its ability to wash up well, and for safety factors. Loose buttons, scratchy tags, and potential choking hazards are all means for concern and should be considered when shopping for the best price. If something harms your baby it is not worth any savings.
There are plenty of good deals to be had online when shopping for baby items. The convenience factor will also play heavily into the price of a baby product. New parents often find it hard to leave home, as do parents of multiple young children. BabiesRUs is a great site that will offer numerous brands at good prices, as well as product reviews and consumer ratings. IVillage is another site where moms will offer advice and recommendations for products. Advice sites will often offer online coupons for certain products, so it may be worth it to sign up for their newsletters. Best Baby Products offers free shipping and discounts just for signing up.
While initially it may seem tedious to research pricing for the baby product basics, the savings can be tremendous. Raising children is expensive but worthwhile, especially when you can find a great deal. “The best advice comes from someone who has been there, and moms always seem willing to share any technique or any great deal they come across,” states Kathy Miller, a new mother of twins from St. Louis, Mo. “By reading online reviews and comparing prices at various sites, I know I’ve saved money.”