Educating yourself and family regarding the best foods to eat is indeed a life long choice.
Before I begin, let me cover my legal bases. I am not a doctor, a nutritionist or a nutritional policy maker and make no claims to be. As a fairly conscious parent, I do claim to have a better than average awareness of common food smarts.
Most newly successful families have a close desire to eat as best as they can. I have found 5 common foods that consistently make the list of foods that are not friends of “healthy living”. Dr. Mercola gives a great explanation of each food here.
There are no “bad” foods, right? Only food you should eat in moderation? Well, not really. The following foods are so bad for your body that I [Dr. Mercola] really can’t see any reason to eat them. Not only do they have zero nutritional value, but they also give your body a healthy dose of toxins…..
- Soda – If you must drink, try to water it down.
- Doughnuts – Muffins aren’t much better, but some have real fruit and are not fried.
- Chips – Even organic and baked chips should be questioned.
- French Fries – The Dr. equated 1 fry to equal 1 cigarette regarding its impact on your health.
- Fried non-fish Seafood – Shrimp, Lobster and Oysters, ever wondered what is in their diet?
I am fond of telling patients that one French fry is worse for your health than one cigarette, so you may want to consider this before you order your next ‘Biggie’ order. Full Story
You will notice that this blog definitely has a healthy lifestlye leaning, however you will not find judgements on the foods one chooses to eat as many people make decisions on their diet based on what they can afford, makes them happy or that they simply like with no explination needed. However, to he that hath an ear, let him hear!